The National Prayer Vigil for Life will be held from Thursday afternoon, 1/26 to Friday morning, 1/27, at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Over 20,000 pilgrims from around the nation will pray there for an end to abortion before the annual March for Life. The principal celebrant and homilist at the Vigil Opening Mass will be Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York, chairman of the U.S. bishops’ Committee on Pro-Life Activities. With great joy and enthusiasm thousands of Long Islanders will join tens of thousands of pro-life men, women, youth and children for the March for Life. A very special moment comes after the March when our diocese gathers together in St. Joseph Church to share prayer and reflection. Expected this year, just as last year, is an outpouring of young people from our high schools and our college campus ministries on Long Island.
Last 5 posts by admin
- Journey to Jerusalem - March 3rd, 2017
- Vocations Holy Hour - February 17th, 2017
- Lenten Vocations Retreat - February 15th, 2017
- Prayer Warriors - February 10th, 2017
- Prayerful Seminarians at an Inspiring Vocations Holy Hour at St. Patrick's Church in Bay Shore - January 23rd, 2017